The Department of Agricultural Economics started functioning from the year 1989 with the sanctioned strength of two faculty members.
The Department of Agricultural Economics entrusted to provide outstanding and quality education in the field of Agricultural Economics
1. To provide quality teaching in Agriculture Economics for undergraduate students.
2. To provide practical exposure visits to government institutions, financial institutions, marketing institutions, co-operative societies and agro-based industries to students.
3. To guide the RAWEP/ Student Ready Programme in Rural Economics that focuses on survey, data collection, data analysis and proposed plan for agricultural development in the village.
4. To guide Agricultural Experiential Learning Programme students in economic, financial and marketing aspects.
5. To organize workshops and conferences on latest issues.
S. No. Course No. Course Title Credits
1 AECO 341 Farm Management, Production and Resource Economics 2(1+1)
2 ELCT 342 Agribusiness Management 3(2+1)
3 AECO 241 Agricultural Finance and Co-operation 2(1+1)
4 AECO 242 Agricultural Marketing Trade & Prices 3(2+1)
5 AECO 141 Fundamentals of Economics 3(3+0)